Duluth Kayak Tours: The Perfect Balance of Adventure, Learning and Fun
NEW! 2-Person Tandem Kayaks Are Now Available Upon Request!
“Kayak Tour – Amazing Experience”
“I would highly recommend this kayak tour to anyone who is looking for a fun time. Whether you are a beginner or expert, local or tourist, or young or old. I plan on going on another kayak tour with The Duluth Experience in the future!”
The Best Kayaking Experience in Duluth
Duluth Experience kayak tours are layered with lots of great information so you can learn about the sport, the North Shore and the City of Duluth while you paddle some of the most amazing flat-water in the world. Whether you’re paddling Lake Superior or the St. Louis River, all of our kayak tours include tips on paddling technique and water safety from professional guides with lots of experience and a deep passion for kayaking. You’ll also learn about the geology of the North Shore and the formation of Lake Superior and you’ll gain a better understanding of how important our water resources are to the economic and cultural identify of this region. Each kayak tour option is designed to create memorable learning opportunities that are fun and adventurous.
All-Inclusive Kayaking for All Skill Levels
We’ll take care of all the planning and logistics so you can show up and focus on having some fun. All of the Duluth Experience Kayak Tours include:
- Pickup and drop-off at the Fitger’s Complex in Downtown Duluth
- Transportation to and from the kayaking location
- All the gear you need for a fun and safe kayaking experience (e.g., kayaks, paddles, life jackets, dry bags, etc.)
- Instruction on kayaking technique and safety
- Educational information on the cultural and natural history of the region
- Snacks and water to keep you fueled
- Delicious sandwiches are included for lunch*
- NEW: 2-person tandem kayaks are now available upon request
*Note: The Sunset Paddle Series does not include a meal.
Kayak Adventure Options
We offer three great Kayak Adventure options:
- The Lake Superior Kayak Adventure is designed to connect you with the world’s largest freshwater lake. Dip your paddle in the crisp, clean waters of Lake Superior and Experience the lake and the City of Duluth in a whole new way!
- The St. Louis River Estuary Adventure will introduce you to a part of Duluth that has gone largely unnoticed. Explore the secret coves and islets with our local guides and learn about the history of this amazing part of Duluth.
- Our Sunset Paddle Series is an evening Lake Superior excursion designed to fit your busy schedule. Enjoy a leisurely paddle with our knowledgeable guides and explore Duluth’s scenic shoreline as the sun sets over Lake Superior and the St. Louis River.
Our guides will start the tour by describing the basic techniques used in kayaking and making sure that you’re fitted with lifejackets. We’ll begin by doing some dry-land exercises that focus on the mechanics of efficient paddling and paddling techniques for forward motion, backing up, and turning. After a quick safety lesson, we’ll get you on the water and set off on a fun-filled kayak adventure.