The North Shore Craft Beer Roundtable
Discussions on the Business and Art of Craft Brewing and the Rise of Minnesota’s North Shore Craft Beer Scene
The Duluth Experience cordially invites you to join a cast of local craft beer celebrities as we dive into the hard-hitting topic of why Duluth’s craft beer scene is so darned amazing. This 4-part series was be held at Teatro Zuccone in 2014 and was designed to provide a behind-the-scenes perspective on the past, present, and future of our regional craft beer industry. Each session delved into different aspects of the North Shore Craft Beer Scene (see below). We talked business. We talked brewing. We talked art. We sipped a few beers. Most importantly – we had a blast doing it.
This series helped shine an even brighter spotlight on the North Shore Craft Beer Scene and connected participants with the folks that have helped put our region on the map as Minnesota’s Craft Beer Capital! We love the beer up here almost as much as we love the folks making it! These four roundtables were founded on our deep appreciation for the artisans and business people that took a chance and started something special and the folks that are helping to push the North Shore Craft Beer Scene to a whole new level.
While each session had a focal topic to guide the discussion, these conversations covered a lot of interesting topics.
March 23rd: “The Drink of Opportunity” – A Discussion with Brewery & Brewpub Owners
Moderated by: Paul Helstrom – The Duluth Experience
- Eddie Gleason – Carmody Irish Pub & Brewery
- Tim Nelson – Fitger’s Brewhouse
- Steve Knauss – Thirsty Pagan Brewing
- Rockie Kavajecz – Canal Park Brewing Co.
- Bryon Tonnis – Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
April 13th: “Crafting the North Shore Beer Scene” – The Brewers Roundtable
Moderated by: Tim Wilson – The Duluth Experience
- Dave Hoops – Fitger’s Brewhouse
- Dale Kleinschmidt – Lake Superior Brewing Co.
- Jason Baumgarth – Carmody Irish Pub & Brewery
- Jeremy King – Canal Park Brewing Co.
- Brian Schanzenbach – Blacklist Brewing
May 18th: “Riding the Wave of Beer” – Craft Beer Related Business
Moderated by: James Sanders – The Duluth Experience
- Marissa Sauer – Northlandbeer.com
- Paul Riordan – Brule River Hill Top Hops
- Brad Nelson – Star Creative
- Carolyn Jones – CMT Farm
- Paul Helstrom – The Duluth Experience
June 22nd: “Women of the North Shore Craft Beer Scene” – A Candid Discussion on the State of Women in Brewing
Moderated by: Elissa Hansen – Barley’s Angels Duluth/Superior Chapter