Many e-mail and Internet companies are now using programs to block unwanted e-mail, often called spam. Sometimes, however, these programs block e-mail you want to get.
To Ensure You Are Receiving Your Duluth Experience Emails Do The Following:
Be sure to add the corresponding Duluth Experience email address to your email whitelist to ensure the best chance of receiving our content and updates.
A whitelist is a list of accepted items or persons in a set… basically a list of e-mail addresses or domain names from which an e-mail blocking program will allow messages to be received.
Why is this important?
Unsolicited, unwanted advertising e-mail, commonly known as “spam”, has become a big problem. It’s reached such proportions that most e-mail services and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have put some sort of blocking or filtering system in place or begun relying on self-proclaimed blacklists to tell the good guys from the bad.
The Duluth Experience applauds their intention to protect you from spam, but everyone agrees that the current systems for stopping spam are far from perfect. They often block e-mail that you’ve requested, prohibiting you from receiving the content you asked for.
As it happens, there’s something you can do to keep your subscription’s content from falling into the false positive trap… it’s called whitelisting.
- Located our email in the Promotions tab of your Gmail inbox. Typically this email will be from email@example.com
- Drag Dave’s email into the Primary tab of your Gmail inbox. Wha-la. You’re all set.
- Located our email in your Yahoo Mail inbox. Typically this email will be from firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a “+” sign next to the sender’s name. Click it!
- Add Dave’s email to your saved contacts and select save. It’s as easy as that.
Mac Mail Whitelisting:
- Open Mac Mail and click on Preferences in the Mail toolbar.
- In the “Preferences” window, click the “Rules” icon.
- Click the “Add Rule” button.
- In the “Rules” window, type a name for your rule in the “Description” field.
- Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.”
Type email@example.com in the text field beside “Contains.”
- Select “Move Message” and “Inbox” from the drop-down menus. Click “Ok” to save the rule.